Monday, October 10, 2011

Bedding Dreams

My mom tried her best by shouting and calling me several times from the kitchen which was on ground floor exactly under my room. We called it TV Kuth (TV Room). We had recently moved our black & White television from this room to the one in ground floor just to make some space for my cricket bat and me. Books scattered on the floor, new notebooks tattered into small pocket size dairies [I had big craze for small pocket size dairies]. I was so lost in my dreams that I had no idea of the outer world. I wrapped the blanket around and underneath my body to keep out the cold and to escape from this real world for few moments.


From outside it looked like normal bedding but beneath it was no less than a magical Disneyland. Inside it, I possessed everything that I could imagine of- “Almost everything”. I would become the most powerful human being, as intelligent as my class Monitor. Spiderman, superman and shaktimaans were all my buddies and they would only take orders from me. Doctor jackal, Tamraj kilvish and Zingalu Zunglaa all were scared of me.

I loved spending my time with “Titli” [ Name changed – otherwise real name may create a controversy and consequences may lead to divorce at both the parties.Breaking down Tit-li into two may sound vulgar & equally naughty]. Titli was my classmate and class monitor. She was beautiful. I would help in exams, in her home work. Thanks to the timely aid of my Allaudins genie who would bring her all the question papers so that she can score good marks. I would protect her from those bad boys from fellow OSLA community- [One Sided Lovers Association]. They would never stare at her when I was around.

Mom screamed again- wath eath ha bajaye- come on wakeup its 8 o’clock. Don’t you have to go to the school. I would hide my head under the pillow to escape from her calls and there I slip again into my dreams.
Here I was the fastest bowler on earth, I was the best batsman cricket may have ever produced. I had knocked N number of centuries and N number of times I had won matches for my team. It was only me and everything else was secondary. I was the Rajkumar (Prince) of Naugrah who fell in love with her Titli chandrakanta.

I never lost any of my wars- I still remember that chant -Challoooo Saathiyoo Hamlaaaaa Karoo- and the background music - Tantanaaaan.

Ouch! Who attacked me from behind and kicked my ass? - Tantanaaaan….. Sanikooo hamlaaaaa……
Hyo Sora , You swine- its 9 o’clock and you still sleeping- Dad would say.
Madrass che na gassun? – Don’t you have to go to the school?

His famous ass kick would wake up dead and i was nothing but a living kid – However,I miss those kicks now. I would get ready for school, like always missed my bus. Titli is looking inaccessible in white uniform. My class teacher called me a Nettachoth [Dumbass] and I had my last laugh

No comments: